The Cummins family has been in the engine distributors business with
Ford Motor Co. for over 30 years. Glenn Jr., with his
two sons, own Engine Distributors, Inc. who service Ford
In 1958, Berglund Motor Co. formed a division (trading as Engine Distributors)
to be a distributor for Ford Motor Co. industrial gasoline
engines. Ford Motor Co. needed distributors to sell excess
automobile engines in the industrial, agricultural and
marine markets. Ford Power Products provided both the
engines and the component parts needed to convert automotive
engines to industrial or marine use. Glenn Cummins, Sr.
was the General Manager of this division.
In 1970, Engine Distributors, Inc. ("EDI") was formed as a subsidiary
of Berglund Motor Co. with Glenn Cummins, Sr. as Vice
President and General Manager. At that time EDI also
became a distributor for the Crusader marine engine line.
The primary market for Crusader marine engines are builders
of boats utilizing inboard (as opposed to inboard/outboard)
engines. EDI also provided parts, service and used engines
for this market.
In 1976 EDI became a distributor for Deutz diesel engines to complement
the Ford Motor Co. gasoline line. The Deutz engine is
an air-cooled diesel engine from 5 to 250 HP manufactured
In 1983, Glenn Cummins, Sr. purchased 100% of the stock for EDI and
at that time the company became a Kubota engine distributor.
Kubota is a Japanese liquid-cooled diesel engine from
5 to 50 HP.